The Infrastructure Business Unit is an ABL initiative which comprises international lawyers in small / mid size firms who have significant experience representing a broad cross-section of institutional and private entities through various phases of the development and operations lifecycle of Infrastructure Projects. The focus of the Unit is to create a platform for ABL members to explore opportunities in the following emerging areas of activity:
- Transportation & Logistics (Airports, Roads, Ports, Rail, Supply Chain Management, Trucking, Warehousing, Express Courier and Freight Forwarding);
- Communications (Information Technology, Telecommunications and Broadcasting);
- Urban & Rural Infrastructure (Water & Sanitation, Healthcare, Education and Special Economic / Tariff Zones);
- Energy (Power, Oil & Gas and Natural Resources);
- Public Private Partnerships & Government Contracts;
- Reform / Privatization / Modernisation;
- Construction & Project Management;
- and Project Finance.
The purpose of the Infrastructure Business Unit is to:
- Understand global practices in infrastructure projects, spanning the entire business cycle, including from the perspective of various involved players;
- Share best industry practices relating to structuring, drafting and negotiating of concerned agreements / contracts;
- Exchange information on legislative, regulatory and compliance issues relevant to infrastructure projects from all relevant angles;
- Leveraging the expertise available amongst other Business Units of ABL to address specific client requirements and ensure superior client satisfaction.
For further information, please contact Andres Bazo at Rasco Klock Perez & Nieto or our local ABL member in your jurisdiction.